Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sore arms - Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yesterday we stopped at WalMart in St. Helens.   While shopping, Hanna bought a football.  Last night she and I went out in the street in the front of our house and threw the ball around for a little while.   It was dark and all we had for lighting was the street light, so we were not out very long as we could hardly see the ball.    This afternoon Hanna and I went back outside and threw the football for about half an hour.    Hanna was able to get a pretty good spiral on some of her throws.    Now for the down side - we both had to put a sports cream on our sore right arms.    I used a really stinky, menthol smelling cream and have just about been banished from the house.   Hanna was much more clever than I, as she used a cream with no odor.  But, now we can both brag about our football injuries to anyone who will listen.   

Update as of Tuesday, Dec 2nd.    Hanna's arm was fine by Monday morning.   I, however, am still sore.   The  best I could do was to lob the ball to Hanna, while she had some good zip on her throws - even though she had never thrown or caught a football before, she sure was in no danger from my throws.    Pretty poor performance on my part, since at one time, back in the Dark Ages, I could actually throw a baseball at over 90 MPH and a football with a pretty good flat spiral for 10 to 15 yards or so.

No comments: