Friday, May 29, 2009

Hanna Gets Her Driver's License and a Car - Friday, May 29, 2009


This morning we went, with Hanna driving, to the Oregon DMV Office in St. Helens (about a 15 minute drive) so Hanna could take the driving test for her Driver's License.  We also drove around St. Helens for a little while so Hanna would have about 30 to 40 minutes of driving before we stopped at DMV.  I must say that the people at the Oregon DMV are SO MUCH nicer and more friendly than their counterparts at the CA DMV.  After completing some paperwork, we went out to the car and Hanna and the Examiner drove off - the first time I have not been in the car with Hanna when she was driving.   I think I was about as nervous as she was.  It was a nice warm morning, so I waited outside the Office watching a crow eat scraps of food from a trash can.  Hanna and the Examiner were back in only 15 minutes, and then they sat in the car for several minutes.   Of course, I was worried that by getting back so soon Hanna might not have passed and the Examiner was talking to her about what needed to be worked on.    But, as they got out of the car, Hanna looked over to where I was sitting and gave me a big smile and nodded YES.   Hanna passed with 95%.   Hanna was glowing and was so happy.   All the way back to Scappoose, where I dropped her off at school, she kept looking at her Temporary Driver's License, just to make sure it was real. 

CONGRATULATIONS HANNA

And, later at school, after Hanna gave her speech in Civics class, a classmate gave her a blue Ford Mustang as a gift.  (click on the photo for a close up of the car)

No comments: