Sunday, September 7, 2008

German Cooking School






Hanna is showing me how to make spatzle, a staple they eat often at home in Germany.    We were going to a post-arrival orientation for the students who came to this area in the exchange program, and each student was to bring something typical of their food back home.    We had a good time and I got to use the spatzle making tool Hanna brought me as a gift.     Hanna mixed the dough, as she said it needs to feel just right.     She said that next time I will mix the dough and she will watch and check so I will know when it is "just right".

1 comment:

sabine said...

Hallo Tom, Deedee and Hanna,

funny to see you at an swabian work. The people here in south-germany love spaetzle.

Together with cheese and baced onions or together with sauce, meat and salad.

Viele Grüße
Sabine
it s Hannas mom