Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cutting down the Christmas Tree, Monday, Dec 1, 2008

Yesterday, on Monday Dec 1st, DeeDee, Amber, Isaac, Abigail and I went to a tree farm near Hillsboro to cut down our Christmas Tree.    While the day was cloudy and cool, at least it was dry and not too muddy, although I was glad I wore my big rubber boots, cause it was still a little too muddy for tennis shoes.  We had a good time, although occasionally the kids found something to be grumpy about.    We walked up rows, down rows, across rows, back to the same rows again, and just all over until we finally found "the one".    I don't remember a tree with a 6" to 8" trunk being so difficult to saw through.   While I took a break, Amber tried to help, but she could not even move the saw.    We finally got the tree cut down and loaded on top of the Dodge Caravan.    The tree is now sitting all alone in our family room waiting for lights and ornaments.   Hopefully we will get started on decorating the tree tonight after Hanna gets home from school and wrestling practice.








No comments: