Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blueberries - Monday, August 24, 2009
























































Amber invited us to go berry picking with them on Monday August 24th.   We went to two different farms, one for blueberries and another for raspberries.    We did really well at the blueberry farm, but just about struck out at the raspberry farm, as it is the end of the season and the vines were really, really well picked out.   But, we had fun.   After picking, we went back to Amber's house for lunch, then I read a few books to Isaac and Abigail and they went down for their naps, at which time we headed home to Scappoose.    Monday night I made my first blueberry pie - a success if I do say so myself, and Tuesday morning I just could not resist making blueberry muffins - and they were really good also.   Must be the berries. . . . . 

2 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

Wowser! I SO WISH we could have tagged along. Blueberry pie is my favorite!!!

CornyCornKorens said...

Dad, If you had sent me home with any muffins...I know that they'd be gone already! I wish I had taken a few home...then again...I'm glad I didn't.

Gramma, thanks for letting Abigail eat all your "Blue-Blue-Blues."