Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Making Doughnuts - October 20, 2008

After the adventure with the climbing squirrel, Jen, Ian, Emily, and I made doughnuts, using my grandma Gommy's recipe.   We had a lot of fun and only made a medium size mess, but it was worth it, as the doughnuts sure tasted good.

However, at one point Ian asked about sugar and cinnamon on the doughnuts.    Never have I heard of such a thing with Gommy's doughnuts and I refused to defile the doughnuts.   However, DeeDee said we should let Ian have a few of his doughnuts any way he wanted, so she prepared a plate with cinnamon and sugar on it.   I put a few doughnuts right out of the hot oil onto his plate so they would get covered with the mixture, and then, horror all horrors, DeeDee sprinkled powdered sugar over them also.

I told Ian he was free to do with doughnuts as he pleases when he makes them at his house, but as far as I am concerned, AT MY HOUSE, WHEN I MAKE DOUGHNUTS, EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE SPECIAL TIME, THEY WILL BE PLAIN BUTTERMILK DOUGHNUTS WITHOUT ANY "STUFF" ADDED TO THEM OR PUT  ON THEM!!!!   IF SOMEONE WANTS THEM WITH STUFF ON THEM, THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN DOUGHNUTS!!!




1 comment:

CornyCornKorens said...

What a fun Papa you are! Did you taste one of Ian's donuts or was it too painful for you? Personally, I think they are great as is...but, you never know...you might like them better his way.

The Robertsons sure do produce beautiful kids!