Monday, October 20, 2008

Visitors from California - October 13, 2008


It's Monday, October 13th and I am off to PDX (Portland Int'l Airport) to pick up daughter Jennifer Robertson and the two youngest Robertson grandchildren, Ian - 12 and Emily Jane - 4.   Hooray, the plane actually landed early.    I was thrilled that Emily actually was happy to see me and didn't hide her face and say, "I don't like that man" as she had done so often in the past.   The only time she really sat with me before was at her 2nd birthday party when I was feeding her ice cream and cake and for the rest of that day, she would at least look at me and not run and hide.   I guess being four now makes her a big girl and she likes Papa Tom now.   Jen, who is 5 months pregnant with our Robertson grandchild #5,  somehow maintained a brave face as she came through the terminal with Ian and Emily, although I could see that she was tired, even though she had been sitting for the past two hours on the plane.     We got the luggage without any problems and headed for Scappoose.  

No comments: